Friday, April 13, 2012

Edy's Fat Free Frozen Yogurt

Well, the darned stuff isn't as bad as it sounds. I certainly cannot just eat a half cup and call it a day, though. That's right, a serving is half of a darned cup! A serving of most other things is the same and I just discovered this. I just discovered that I am eating for a lot of people according to these nutritional labels. My nutrition is good for a lot of people and I am still hungry! This has me thinking that 18 cents will not feed a starving child in Africa for the day. Heck, Medifast, Jenny, and Nutrisystem all want $4 per 1/4 cup of goop that is supposed to be appetizing and full of vitamins and minerals. Vitamins taste like CHIT. This is why we have them in pill form. So, kudos to the companies that sell crap in a quarter of a cup to fat people who are used to eating for two or three; $4 vs. $.18. ( and cut that 18 cents in half becuase we are talking the quarter, not half cup.)
Anyway, a year later, after gaining 40 lbs and losing about 15 of them, I am feeling FAT. That will never change. Weight gain ages you by many years. I try to work out at least 6 days a week and after four months of working out I have only lost 15 lbs and I eat that 1/4 cup that probably costs anywhere from $4 to $.50. I like to "reward" myself with things, but nail polish isn't going to cut it, nor are new clothes, because they won't be the size I want them to be. I have decided that an appropriate reward for a complete life change is a massage and body scrub/wrap. I have waited 24 years for one and I am going to get one if it kills me. Hopefully, I will die after I have the experience. :)
Let's see... over two years with the old ball and chain and the ball just gets heavier and the chain shorter. Maybe it gets longer... I guess it's all in how you want to view the situation.
I could go for some clam chowder, salad with ranch (no tomatoes) and cheddar bay biscuits from Red Lobster. Yea.... I went to the gym today, I'm going to tomorrow, and there is not a clam in my future, but a girl can dream. I dont' eat my Ritz before bed nor do I have chocolate anymore, just my fat free frozen yogurt in larger than half cup doses.

No comments:

Post a Comment